Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Reality

Jennine was a pretty realistic person, not overly optimistic and not overly pesimistic.  She was level headed and thoughtful when making decisions. She sought out information to understand the reality of her life, whether that was a search for a church or a medical diagnosis.

The reality was that she had an incredible 47 years with a few health hurdles that most of us will never have to deal with personally but are certainly touched by because of the diagnosis of friends and family.  I've been caught up in my grief and focused on the last few weeks of Jennine's life.  In reality, I should be thanking God for the fifteen years that I got to spend getting to know my friend, teaching and learning with my friend, laughing and crying with my friend.

The reality is that we shared a strong, amazing friendship that I hope changed her life the way that it changed mine.

#AtoZChallenge

No comments: