Monday, April 17, 2017

Just Jennine


Jennine was one of my best friends.  She was my cul-de-sac neighbor, my walking buddy, my game partner, my everyday gal. She was my go-to person for advice about raising my kid and suggestions on where to get a good deal.  She was my dinner date, my thrift store guide, and my last minute want-to-go-to-Kohl's shopping pal.


Jennine was the sister that I never had.  She was my confidante and my listening ear.  She was my escape partner. She was just Jennine.

Jennine was unpretentious. She was WYSIWYG: what you see is what you get.  For the most part, she was laid back, agreeable, and extremely likeable.  She was a true friend, always asking about my day, my work, my kid, my family.  She was often the last person that I talked to at night, via phone or text or instant message.  She was the first person that I would call for a girls' night out, for throwing a home party for some product, for trying something new that I had cooked, or for sharing good news about work, school, or family.

Many afternoons and evenings Jennine and I would sit in one of our driveways or the cul-de-sac, catching up, shooting the breeze, just being.  The beautiful spring days have been hard, missing my friend and our almost daily routine of conversations and relaxing in our yards.

Jennine was just a truly amazing friend. Now it's just me.

#AtoZChallenge

No comments: