Sunday, April 29, 2012

Y is for Yarn

Years ago I spent more of my free time on handicrafts, including cross-stitching and needlepoint.  My grandmother tried to teach me how to make Granny squares and how to crotchet, neither of which I have ever tried again in my adulthood.

I see a lot of folks learning to knit, forming knitting groups, the new social societies, perhaps.  And I think, Sure, I'd like to learn how to knit sometime.

It's probably not so much the actually handicraft that I am craving as much as the time spent with other women, enjoying conversation about family and friends and life.  But I would happily purchase some yarn and needles and have a go at a knitting circle.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I can sort of knit...as long as it's a straight line!

I agree with you about craving that kind of community.