Saturday, April 20, 2013

R is for Reuben Sandwiches

I'm searching for the perfect Reuben sandwich.  I've enjoyed my fair share at various local restaurants and I've made my own.  I prefer my Reuben traditionally with corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, Thousand Island dressing, on grilled rye bread.  I've tried the healthier version with turkey, Laughing Cow cheese, no dressing or a light version.  It's just not the same.  A Reuben has to be that thick, juicy, buttery grilled hot sandwich with the dressing and kraut oozing out with just the right amount of corned beef and cheese.  Man, I might just have to make one for lunch on Sunday!

2 comments:

The Mommie said...

You can have my share since it's got kraut (Boone's Kraut Creek & its aromas cured me from ever wantin' that delicacy. . . ) ~ Mrs. Priss subs grilled onions for kraut on her reubens & even insists Russian dressing is the only way to go -> go figure.

Marianne (Mare) Baker Ball said...

Oh, gosh, love these! But don't eat them anymore, b/c I've gotten away from meat. The kraut and dressing are the best parts anyway. :-) I can't find a "follow me" button on your site. Do you have that option?
from The Dugout