Saturday, February 16, 2013

100 Books in 2013: The Second Life of Abigail Walker

Book 2:  The Second Life of Abigail Walker by Frances O'Roark Dowell

The beginning of this book just really didn't hook me, but I was determined to stick with it because I have enjoyed all of Frances O'Roark Dowell's books that I have read.  So it took me three or four chapters before I really got into the story of Abby, who tries to stay out of the popular girls' line of fire and her parents' constant nagging about her weight.  Only when she discovers the family on the other side of the creek does she realize what makes life important and she accepts herself and gains confidence.

Another good one by Dowell, if you can get past the first few chapters to eventually understand the whole thing with the fox.

No comments: