Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Where Does the Time Go?!

A weekday in the life of me:
5:30AM
Rise and shine, shower and dress, prepare for the day

6:00AM
Coax the little one out of bed, make sure she dresses, ply her with apple juice, a granola bar and a cheese stick.

6:30AM
Out the door, on the way to her school and then my work
7:25AM-3:30PM
Work! I could give you the details of my day as a middle school educator, but then you, too, would be utterly and completely exhausted.

4:00PM
Gas up the car, hit the bank, pick up groceries (thank you for online grocery shopping!)

5:00PM
Pickup the kid from the bus stop, head home, start laundry, read and play with child, cook supper

6:15PM
Eat supper, clean kitchen, run bath for kid

6:45PM
Check Facebook, email, play letters in Words with Friends games

7:00PM
Help kid with homework (yes, kindergartners have homework!), read with kid, say prayers and sing

7:45PM
Watch the last 15 minutes of Big Bang Theory rerun, pack lunches for the next day, finish cleaning kitchen, fold laundry, call mom, think about all the great blog ideas that I have

9:00PM
Watch Glee! or Law and Order SVU or read one of the twenty books that are stacked next to the bed

10:00PM
Get ready for bed, check on child, speak to husband, kiss him goodnight

It's 10:30 p.m., and I'm wondering where my day went. How can I manage to make it through a 24 hour period and feel like there is so much more to do, need to do, want to do?

No comments: