Sunday, March 25, 2012

100 Book Challenge: Stuart Little by E.B. White

Book 18: Stuart Little by E.B. White

It took me a little over a week to read Stuart Little again. That's because I was reading it with my five year old daughter.

I had fond memories of reading this book as a child myself, picturing Stuart in his little car roaming the countryside and seeing Stuart sailing the boat on the water at the park. *sigh*

As an adult, I found this book to have strange, wordy writing with a not as interesting plot. Maybe it's age or maybe it really is not the great classic that I thought it was. Either way, I tried to make it entertaining for my daughter as we read a chapter each night, and I forced myself to get through it.

Strange how some books keep you coming back to them and others not so much.

No comments: