Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Calgon, Take Me Away!

You have to be of a certain age to remember the old Calgon commercials. Frazzled woman needs rest and relaxation and finds comfort in a warm, bubbly bath.

I'm just a little overwhelmed at the moment. How do I know? Well, I've got absolutely no fingers left -- caught myself biting those off yesterday. I'm cranky. I really want to be left alone today. Curled up in a tight ball in bed would be good, but I'll take sitting in my comfy chair at work...just don't come in my office, people!

My to-do list is incredibly long. I reorganized the list the other day with tags so I could tell what items went with the many different hats that I wear. I can't keep straight whether I should be reading the latest YA novel, fixing broken equipment, managing the book fair, attending this meeting or that meeting, cleaning my office, ordering my groceries, or what! Oh, yeah! I'm supposed to be doing ALL that.

It ain't happening, people.

I'm a little frustrated, can you tell? Anybody have any solutions to make my life less stressful?

No comments: