Thursday, May 2, 2013

Z is for Zucchini Bread

It's the last post of the Blogging A to Z Challenge, another fun April of posting items from the letters 'A' through 'Z' for the entire month.  I enjoyed my theme of food this year, and I look forward to posting again next year.  Gotta start thinking about another cool theme!

Growing up, one of Granny's favorite things to bake was zucchini bread.  She would ask everybody to save their coffee cans for her, and she would whip up a bowl of batter and dump it in those coffee cans to bake.  Now I thought this was one of the funniest sights, those coffee cans sitting on a baking sheet in the oven.  All I could think was, Who bakes coffee?, but of course, I knew that once that bread was done it would be some of the yummiest zucchini bread around town.  Yummy!

No comments: