Thursday, March 7, 2013

Missing NCTIES

I have been following the tweets (#ncties13) and the Facebook postings of colleagues and friends as they connect with colleagues at this year's NCTIES conference in Raleigh.  And I'm kinda missing it.

I've attended as well as presented at this conference many times in the past.  I've enjoyed the fact that it's been booked in the new convention center in Raleigh for the past few years, much closer to my home than traveling to Charlotte or Winston-Salem. 

When the call to present went out, I considered presenting, but then the date passed.  When the registration information came out, I considered making the early bird fee.  I forwarded the conference information to three teachers, teachers who are tracked out this week so no substitutes needed and who I knew would really benefit and be invigorated from attending this conference.  They all declined, saying the $100 early bird registration fee was too much.  (To me, that's a real deal for a conference.)

So now it's the beginning of this year's conference and I'm a little envious of the gals in my library media PLT and my colleagues in our district who will be attending this week, gleaning great information from the likes of Richard Byrne, David Warlick, Marc Prensky, Leslie Fisher, and Kathy Schrock, and cruising the exhibit hall for great give-aways and deals from Edmodo, Gaggle, SEED, Discovery Education, and Mimio.

Bring back lots to share; I'm hungry to learn from y'all!

No comments: