Monday, June 4, 2012

100 Books in 2012: Condolezza Rice

Book 26:  Condolezza Rice:  A Memoir of My Extraordinary, Ordinary Family and Me

I've always been impressed with what I knew about Condi Rice:  accomplished pianist, multilingual, respected historian and confident spokesperson.  After reading her autobiography, I'm even more impressed with her, her ideas, and her accomplishments.

Throughout the book chronicling her life from childhood through the beginnings of her work with President George W. Bush, Condolezza constantly relies on the close bonds with her parents and her own strong faith to make the decisions that have led her to become accomplished as a professor, provost, national security advisor, and secretary of state.  She is outspoken about her upbringing in segregated Birmingham, her support of affirmative action done right, and her decision to affiliate with the Republican party.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this autobiography and recommend it!

No comments: