Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Writing Challenge

Laurie Halse Anderson, who you all know is one of my favorite YA authors, has issued a challenge on her blog: write for 15 minutes every day this month.

I'm already four days behind! But none the less I am dedicated to catching up, or at least starting from this fresh point onward, to writing my 15 minutes of prose, poetry, recipes, rants, raves, to-do lists....okay, so I'm going to try and kill two birds with one stone: write for 15 minutes a day on my blog.

There.

It's been a month, a little over a month, since I took my week long writing workshop and I'm afraid that I haven't been any more motivated to find my comfy spot and find myself in the imagination and words that need to spill onto the page. Yes, there are tons of stories swirling around in my little ol' head, and I know that if I don't get them on the page soon they will be a nice swirly, yucky-mucky mess of goop and goo and I won't be able to flesh out the characters and figure out the settings and the plots will be majorly messed up.

What was once a mid-morning spark will be lost. Forever. Write. It. Down.

I don't really have writer's block. I'm not at a loss for words. I'm just usually at a loss for time. A friend always says you make time to do the things you want to do. Is it that I really DON'T want to write? I don't think so!

During my writing staycation, I was SOOOO majorly inspired every day, lots of ideas and characters trying to crawl out of my head; it was like I might explode.

An explosion of writing would've been nice. I need to trade my mouse and keyboard for pen and paper.

No comments: